Bi-lingual Office Coordinator - Newburgh
Assistant to the COO
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Maintains the upkeep of front office operations and processes.
• Provides administrative support and participates in major ILI events (e.g. Wellness Conference, Annual Breakfast, etc.) in an administrative capacity including, but not limited to, creating tracking spreadsheets, name badges, binder inserts, and copies; proofing letters, documents and programs; and handling invoicing and on-site registration support.
• Provides support (with guidance) as directed by immediate Supervisor, for development responsibilities including mail merges, processing online donations, follow-up calls to vendors and creating filing systems that provide immediate access to critical information.
• Posts and updates information on our social media pages.
• Maintains an on-going inventory of all office supplies and orders as needed. Provides weekly stock level updates to direct Supervisor. Checks current inventory to ensure item requested is not in stock prior to placing an order. Also facilitates an annual inventory of office supplies.
• Handles purchasing orders and tracks until received.
• Under the direction and with approval of direct Supervisor, provides office support to Newburgh Managers and Directors on various projects.
• Distributes mail and updates mailbox names when needed. Handles outgoing mail, postage and calls to schedule courier (FedEx, UPS, etc.) pickups.
• Replenishes literature holders, updates telephone directory, scans and saves daily attendance log every Monday morning, creates employee ID badges, as needed.
• Responsible for maintaining a Front Desk Manual with how-to instructions for front desk operations, updates with department guides, directories, and other pertinent information.
• Schedules and maintains conference room reservations in Outlook.
• Creates vouchers that match invoices to vendors and files alphabetically in invoice binder.
• Ensures front desk coverage (with the support of direct Supervisor) at all times including securing coverage for daily break periods and for any prescheduled time off and creates a coverage schedule.
• Prior to taking time-off communicates and provides how-to instructions to the coverage person to ensure a level of consistency in front desk operations (e.g. sign-in sheets, daily logs, retrieving of general mailbox messages, postage, ordering supplies, and other duties required while out.)
• Answers all incoming calls using proper phone etiquette and excellent communication skills. Forwards all calls to the appropriate staff member with a polite and cheerful attitude.
• Retrieves and forwards all general voicemail messages to the appropriate staff in an efficient and timely manner.
• Greets all individuals entering the agency in a pleasant and professional manner. Interprets Spanish as needed. • Provides evening front desk coverage for the monthly Board of Directors meeting as needed. • Attends and actively participates in all meetings and training sessions provided by ILI and/or other agencies as required by ILI and requested by direct Supervisor.
• Maintains a high ethical and professional working environment in accordance with the Independent Living philosophy.
• Other duties as assigned or as required by the needs of the position.
• Honesty, respect for diversity, high personal standards, language, and behaviors reflecting such values and the Independent Living philosophy.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be a team player with a positive “can-do” attitude.
• Demonstrate ability to recognize the need for and facilitate connections between consumers and ILI.
• Must maintain confidentially pertaining to all aspects of agency operations including, but not limited to, consumer confidentiality.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Working knowledge of computer software including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent telephone and typing skills.
• Ability to communicate in Spanish.
• Two years of administrative experience required. Human services experience preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalency required.
• Fluency in Spanish required.
Por favor, ayudanos a crear un sociedad libre sin barreras! Help us create a barrier-free society!