The Care Manager is responsible for coordinating services and supports for individuals with a primary diagnosis of severe mental illness and/or other qualifying disorders in order to help with successful integration into and maintenance in the community.
Non-exempt $20-$21-range based on experience
35 hours weekly
• Meets productivity standards
• Assesses client’s success and satisfaction in the environments of living, learning, working and socialization;
• Implements and coordinates the service plan in conjunction with the client and involved supports;
• Advocates for and assists clients in gaining access to entitlements and benefits, health and human services, including preparation and coordination of applications;
• Assumes full responsibility for caseload of individuals including all charting and paperwork responsibilities associated with cases;
• Responsible for crisis coverage of caseload when indicated;
• Provides outreach in the community via home visits to engage clients and link to services;
• Identifies and advocates for improvements in the services that our clients receive;
• Participates in care coordination and other inter-disciplinary team meetings for case reviews, exchange of information and supervision;
• Compiles, reports and maintains records in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with appropriate requirements;
• Data entry and data tracking for quality assurance purposes as assigned;
• Team approach needed to best assist clients with their needs
In addition, the below responsibilities may be required of the position:
• Assists with agency and after hours crisis intervention and assessment.
• Attends workshops, conferences and staff development training seminars on current practices as directed by the Executive Director or supervisor to acquire continuing education in the appropriate field; implements what has been learned;
• Maintains cooperative relationships with all referents and community resources
• Undertakes related duties as assigned.
The Care Manager reports directly to the Program Director, Program Coordinator, Supervisor or designee as assigned and works collaboratively with other staff. If peer, participates in peer support supervision group as directed.
Caseload intensity will be dependent upon work experience and educational background.
Master Degree in relevant field with 1 year of experience providing direct services to the medically underserved or in the behavioral health field or Bachelor’s degree/RN with 2 years of experience providing direct services to the medically underserved or in the behavioral health field. Peer advocacy training preferred.
Applicants with lived experience in navigating mental health/substance abuse services and the ability to model principles of recovery and wellness are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicant must have excellent computer, verbal and written skills.
Valid driver’s license, insurability through agency’s insurance and use of own car required. Must be able to travel in the community and access clients in their own homes, as needed. Majority of work is done remotely during the pandemic.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding in order to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problem solving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and operate and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds.
CoveCare Center offers a comprehensive benefits package for all full-time employees! Our benefits include excellent paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life, short term, and long-term disability insurance along with a 401(k) plan with an employer match. All benefits start 1st of the month following 30 days of employment.
CoveCare Center takes an innovative and compassionate approach to counseling and wellness management. What sets us apart is our focus on the whole person and our individualized approach to healing and recovery. At 'the Cove,' we empower clients to manage their symptoms and make the changes necessary to live healthy lives. We do this in an environment that is safe and affordable.
Our Mission…is to partner with individuals, families, and the community to foster hope, wellness and recovery, and to restore quality of life by addressing mental health needs, substance use and social and emotional issues.
Hyperlink for CoveCare center.
Please submit resumes to: jobs@CoveCareCenter.org