Job Title: Chemical Dependency Counselor
FLSA Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Location(s) available: Monroe NY, Port Jervis NY, Middletown NY
Department: Catholic Charities of Orange, Sullivan, & Ulster Counties – Orange County Clinics
Reports to: Clinic Program Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes ____ No __X___
Summary: The Chemical Dependency Counselor is responsible for intakes, individual, group and family
counseling, may also provide continuing care and services to significant others. He/she is also responsible
for the documentation of case records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Conduct intakes, provide individual, group and family counseling as assigned by the Program Director.
2. Maintain caseload and all required documentation.
3. Participate in group and individual supervision as required by the Program Director.
4. Attend seminars and training as assigned by the Program Director and maintain continuing education as required by licensing agency.
5. Attend all staff meetings, case conferences, or other meetings as required by Program Director.
6. Responsible for ensuring client fees are up to date.
7. Responsible for client scheduling and follow-up appointments.
8. Ensure psychiatric needs are met internally or externally including MD / NP appointments and compliance with nursing appointments.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Education and/or experience required:
• GED/High School Diploma
• CASAC or CASAC Eligible
• Three years’ experience counseling people with substance use disorder and co-occurring psychiatric needs.
• LMSW, LMHC, LCSW a plus
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
• Chemical Dependency Counselor will maintain full compliance with Federal confidentiality regulations governing substance abuse records as outlined in 42 CFR Part and with the Standards for Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information (45 CFR Parts 160 and 164).
Please send resumes to: email@example.com