Job Title: Day Rehabilitation Counselor
FLSA Status: Full Time, Non-exempt
Location(s) available: Monticello NY
Department: Catholic Charities of Orange, Sullivan, & Ulster Counties - Day Rehab - Monticello
Reports to: Day Rehabilitation Coordinator, Director of Clinical Services
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes ____ No __X___
Summary: The DR Counselor will function as a member of the program’s interdisciplinary treatment team and provides direct counseling and case management services to chemically dependent patients with guidance and supervision from the Director of Clinical Services or assigned supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provides comprehensive client assessments, individualized treatment plans, timely plan reviews and updates and appropriate aftercare plans with input from interdisciplinary team and guidance from senior clinical staff.
2. Coordinates assigned clients care with interdisciplinary team and referral sources.
3. Provides individual and group counseling.
4. Provides educational lectures/discussions on chemical dependency and related topics.
5. Attends all relevant and assigned team and staff meetings.
6. Actively pursues credentialing as a substance abuse counselor or other relevant QHP standing.
7. Maintain current license/certification; attend trainings and seminars as needed or requested.
8. Assist in coordinating treatment with outside social service agencies for referral and aftercare.
9. Document the provision of services as per agency policy and OASAS requirements.
10. Interrelate with Director, Client Billing Staff, Counselors, Clients, Family Members, and Referents.
11. Other duties as requested.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position.
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Potential for unpredictable clients or clients under stressful situations that require consistent support.
Education and/or experience required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Human Services
• Two (2) years’ minimum experience in alcoholism and substance abuse treatment.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
• CASAC or CASAC-T
• DR Counselor will maintain full compliance with Federal confidentiality
regulations governing substance abuse records as outlined in 42 CFR Part and with the Standards for
Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information (45 CFR Parts 160 and 164).
Please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org