The EHR Specialist acts under the direction of the Associate Vice President performing maintenance and support tasks and special projects related to the Agency’s Electronic Medical Record applications.
Non-exempt $20-$21 range based on experience
35 hours weekly
• Serve as primary point of contact for agency-wide utilization of the agency’s electronic medical record (myEvolv by Netsmart), working to ensure program, billing, human resources, and management have access to information and optimal functionality for their unique business needs.
• Daily monitoring and responses to email requests for support from myEvolv users.
• Problem-solve and take initiative to develop system enhancements, new additional programs, and solutions to issues that arise related to myEvolv.
• Test identify and problem-solve issues as well as functionality for myEvolv utilization, upgrades, improvements, and new programs.
• Initiate manage and follow-up with support requests to Netsmart via online system (Netsmart Cares Portal) for identified technical issues that may arise with myEvolv.
• Monitor and remain knowledgeable of myEvolv system upgrade release notes in preparation for updates.
• Monitor licensing regulations (OMH, OASAS, DOH) to ensure that system documentation follows governing regulation changes.
• Develop trainings and materials, and provide trainings to support user skill development, mastery and workflow improvements.
• Manage user access and profile creation, including user creation and deactivation.
• Review electronic files organized for easy retrieval when needed
• Archive electronic records and maintain the server
• Provide support to psychiatrist, clinicians, and staff in their use of an electronic client chart and the function of computerized order entry
• Provide telephone and/or face to face support to users
• Act and function as a resource for continued testing of application upgrades, system improvements and changes
• Facilitate special EHR projects and system review as needed
• Undertake related duties as assigned in all administrative positions
• Ensure that all reporting requirements for each program and business area are met, after confirming data validation and accuracy, for internal and external stakeholders as the primary provider of data and/or facilitator for those individuals to accurately access and report on data.
• Administrative, contracting, special projects and other duties as needed.
The EHR Specialist reports directly to the Associate Vice President and works collaboratively with other staff as required.
• High School or technical school Diploma and at least five years related experience. Fluency of Netsmart or EHR applications functionality and usage.
• Capable of setting priorities and carrying out multiple responsibilities independently.
• Highly skilled and proficiency in computer use including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Databases and Electronic Medical Record Systems.
• Ability to set and meet deadlines as well as manage time wisely and effectively
• Ability to problem-solve and take initiative related projects, issues, and electronic medical record system as well as custom analytics and dashboards.
• Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships among team members and external stakeholders.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding in order to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problem solving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. The employee
is frequently required to stand; walk; and operate and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds.
CoveCare Center offers a comprehensive benefits package for all full-time employees! Our benefits include excellent paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life, short term, and long-term disability insurance along with a 401(k) plan with an employer match. All benefits start 1st of the month following 30 days of employment.
CoveCare Center takes an innovative and compassionate approach to counseling and wellness management. What sets us apart is our focus on the whole person and our individualized approach to healing and recovery. At 'the Cove,' we empower clients to manage their symptoms and make the changes necessary to live healthy lives. We do this in an environment that is safe and affordable.
Our Mission…is to partner with individuals, families, and the community to foster hope, wellness and recovery, and to restore quality of life by addressing mental health needs, substance use and social and emotional issues.
Hyperlink for CoveCare center.
Please submit resumes to: jobs@CoveCareCenter.org