The EHR Specialist acts under the direction of the Vice President performing maintenance and support tasks and special projects related to the Agency’s Electronic Medical Record applications.
• Serve as point of contact for agency-wide utilization of the agency’s electronic medical record (myEvolv by Netsmart), working to ensure program, billing, human resources, and management have access to information and optimal functionality for their unique business needs.
• Problem-solve and take initiative to develop system enhancements, new additional programs, and solutions to issues that arise related to myEvolv.
• Tests identify and problem-solve issues as well as functionality for myEvolv utilization, upgrades, improvements, and new programs.
• Initiates manage and follow-up with support requests to Netsmart via online system (Netsmart Cares Portal) for identified technical issues that may arise with myEvolv.
• Monitor and remain knowledgeable of myEvolv system upgrade release notes in preparation for updates.
• Develop materials to support user skill development, mastery and workflow improvements.
• Facilitate special EHR projects and system review as needed
• Undertake related duties as assigned in all administrative positions
• Ensure that all reporting requirements for each program and business area are met, after confirming data validation and accuracy, for internal and external stakeholders as the primary provider of data and/or facilitator for those individuals to accurately access and report on data.
The EHR Project Specialist reports directly to the Vice President of Programs and works collaboratively with other staff as required.
• High School or technical school Diploma and at least five years related experience. Fluency of Netsmart functionality and usage.
• Capable of setting priorities and carrying out multiple responsibilities independently.
• Highly skilled and proficiency in computer use including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Databases and Netsmart.
• Ability to set and meet deadlines as well as manage time wisely and effectively
• Ability to problem-solve and take initiative related projects, issues, and electronic medical record system as well as custom analytics and dashboards.
• Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships among team members and external stakeholders.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Ability to apply common sense and understanding in order to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problem solving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part time remote position with flexible hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and operate and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds.
All interested applicants should submit their resume along with a cover letter and salary requirements to hr@CoveCareCenter.org; and include the position that they are applying for in the subject line.
Our Career page is: Career Opportunities | CoveCare Center