Family Support Navigator
The Family Support Navigator shall be assigned to work in the Family Support Navigator grant-funded program. The Family Support Navigator is a part-time position, 17 hours a week maximum, and is directly responsible for meeting with individuals and families in their homes or places of their choice in the community. Additionally, the Navigators will also have a presence in various community settings during the week to be a resource for the community. The expected outcome will be for Family Support Navigators to provide information about resources to help individuals and families connect with substance use treatment facilities, in-patient settings, community-based organizations, self-help and support groups, and managed care organizations so that the appropriate level and culture of care is provided.
The Family Support Navigator may receive calls directly from families and individuals during work hours, or may be assigned to follow-up from calls that come into the Family Support Navigator message line; such calls will be dispatched by the Resource Manager and assigned to the Family Navigators based on geography. The Resource Manager will act as task supervisor to the Family Navigators.
• Meets with individuals and families in their homes or places in the community of their choice;
• Flexible schedules, including some nights and/or weekends as needed by the individuals and families;
• Presence in various community settings during the week to be a resource for the community;
• Disseminates information about substance use treatment resources;
• Attends weekly team meetings as planned;
• Ability to work with people of all ages, ethnicities and cultures;
• Assures that all requisite documentation/statistics/reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with grant guidelines;
• Participates and collaborates with other CoveCare Center staff during meetings and supervision;
• Attends workshops, conferences and staff development training seminars on current practices as directed by the Chief Executive Officer or supervisor to acquire continuing education in the appropriate field; implements what has been learned;
• Maintains cooperative relationships with all referents and community resources
• Undertakes related duties as assigned;
The Family Support Navigator reports directly to the Substance Use Program Director or designee, and to the Resource Manager who acts as a task supervisor, and works collaboratively with other staff and the other Family Support Navigators.
HS diploma or G.E.D. required, prior working experience or degree in the field preferred. Working knowledge of substance use disorders and treatment, recovery and resources, as well as human behavior, socio-economic problems and development, and knowledge of the progression of addiction and the impact it has on families is required. Must have basic computer literacy and excellent verbal and written skills. Preference will be given to individuals who have lived-experience of substance use first-hand, either through their own usage, or through that of a family member. Position requires the ability to travel and use of own car.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and operate a vehicle, and reach with hands and arms since the employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds. Additionally, since position necessitates visits in the community and private homes, the ability to climb stairs is required.
All interested applicants should submit their resume along with a cover letter and salary requirements to hr@CoveCareCenter.org; and include the position that they are applying for in the subject line.
Our Career page is: Career Opportunities | CoveCare Center