Updated: Jun 22
Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse
FLSA Status: Per diem, Non-exempt
Location(s) available: Monticello NY
Agency: Catholic Charities of Orange, Sullivan, and Ulster
Department: Crisis Services Unit
Reports to: Director of Crisis Services
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes ____ No __X___
Summary: Provides direct care to Crisis Services Unit clients to effect safe and complete withdrawal, evaluation for admission or referral for medical detoxification, motivation for further treatment & identifies additional health needs. Provides motivational counseling as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Triages clients according to agency Policy & Procedure.
2. Directs or effects transfer to Catskill Regional Medical Center or designated alternate for those clients in need of immediate medical evaluation and/or care as per above.
3. Completes nursing assessment upon admission.
4. Administers PPD’s upon admission.
5. Alerts Medical Director or designee to any possible medical problems.
6. Coordinates appointment with Medical Director or other medical professionals should the client need to be seen by a physician/medical specialist.
7. Ensures that doctor’s orders are signed and properly picked up.
8. Ensures that medication orders are properly entered on medication sheet and that patient has medicine.
9. Notifies Medical Director or covering physician if a medical emergency arises with a patient.
10. Forwards a copy of H&P, PPD, and Tetanus vaccine and any other pertinent medical forms when a patient is transferred to Community Residence or Day Rehabilitation.
11. Documents patient vital signs, problems, progress, medications & medical forms.
12. Counsels clients about the physical effects of addiction.
13. Works with the Crisis Services team to identify client needs and to develop plans to meet those needs.
14. Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
15. Remains current by attending in-services, trainings and attending relevant workshops as indicated or requested.
16. Required to work one weekend (Saturday and Sunday) per month, which consists of two full shifts (shifts may vary per the needs of the unit).
17. Performs other duties are required or requested.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a per diem position. Required to work one weekend (Saturday and Sunday) per month, which consists of two full shifts (shifts may vary per the needs of the unit).
Working conditions and physical demands required:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Potential for unpredictable clients or clients under stressful situations that require consistent support.
Education and/or experience required:
• Currently licensed as an LPN in New York State.
• Experience in the field of addictions; related field considered based on experience.
Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
• Excellent oral and written skills to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and develop written policy.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org