This clerical position involves a variety of tasks required for the smooth operation of the agency including answering telephones, reception duties, filing, typing, and organizing charts, forms, and medical records.
• Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments, and notifies M.D.’s of medication requests.
• Greets persons entering agency, determine nature and purpose of visit.
• Notifies M.D.’s and clinicians when clients have arrived for their appointments.
• Receive payments and records receipts for services.
• Provides forms to clients and answers questions for completing them.
• Schedule’s appointments and copies insurance identification and photo ID as required, including checkout, subsequent appointments, and scheduling.
• Benefits and Eligibility for all insurance
• Scanning documents into Electronic Health Record System (EHR)
• Coordinates the Group and Crisis Schedule
• Sorts and maintains faxed documents as needed.
• Operates various office machines and maintains office machines’ paper supply.
• Assists PROS’s reception department as coverage is needed.
• Attends staff development training seminars on current practices as directed by the office manager.
• Adhering to HIPAA Guidelines
• Undertakes related duties as assigned in all administrative positions.
The Receptionist/Clerk reports directly to the Office Manager and works collaboratively with other staff as required.
High School Diploma and at least one-year clerical experience. Good communication skills necessary. Proficiency in computer use including Word, Excel, Microsoft Office, Internet, Databases and Electronic Medical Record Systems. Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships among team members and external stakeholders. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Preference given to candidates who are bilingual Spanish.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm. These hours may change based on business needs and operations. Saturday hours may be required for coverage purposes.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding in order to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problem solving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and operate and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds.
All interested applicants should submit their resume along with a cover letter and salary requirements to hr@CoveCareCenter.org; and include the position that they are applying for in the subject line.
Our Career page is: Career Opportunities | CoveCare Center