POSTION: Recovery Counselor
EXPERIENCE: Master's degree in related field; LMHC, LMSW, LCAT, LMFT or limited permit
SKILLS / ABILITIES: Capacity to provide recovery based rehabilitative approaches with adults with psychiatric disabilities and associated functional impairments Knowledge of evidence-based practices Capacity to work with multi-disciplinary team Ability to plan, develop and run curriculum-based classes and groups Computer proficiency including knowledge of electronic health reporting Ability to satisfactorily complete required documentation with regard to due dates and content Strong oral and written communication skills
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Provide recovery-based service coordination for caseload of 18-20 (on average) participants with psychiatric disabilities and secondary learning or substance use diagnoses.
2. Collaborate with caseload participants to develop individualized recovery plans and complete monthly progress reports within required time frames
3. Schedule and hold weekly meetings with each caseload participant to assess progress, plan, schedule, and/or provide clinical service interventions.
4. Complete all required EHR and paper documentation required in the case record
5. Conduct required psychosocial, substance use screenings, psychiatric rehabilitation, and other assessments within required time frames.
6. Develop syllabi and lesson plans for, and facilitate/teach PROS classes or groups (average 8-10 per week) consistent with PROS services
7. Monitor attendance of caseload participants to notice unexplained absences and to reach out/ intervene in a timely manner
8. Attend and participate actively in weekly staff meetings and other agency or program meetings as required.
9. Participate in case presentations and conferences with other staff, family members of participants, other service providers, etc.
10. Cover classes and individual services for absent staff as requested by supervisor.
11. Provide crisis intervention services for participants.
12. Initiate, maintain and document contact with outside mental health, medical, housing and social services service providers of caseload participants.
13. Participate in in-service trainings, workshops, webinars, and conferences as requested by supervisor 14. Work cooperatively and collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to promote and sustain best practices
15. May clinically supervise student interns if permitted by licensure
16. May participate in training non-professional clinical staff
17. Any other duties as assigned.
Hiring Supervisor: Alice Sorensen
The Guidance Center of Westchester
256 Washington Street
Mount Vernon, NY 10553