Under the general supervision of the Director of Residential Services (DRS), the HONOR Recovery Program Director (PD) will work in a fast paced Human Service environment and have the ultimate responsibility of HONOR’s Residential Substance Use Disorder Program, HONOR Recovery. The PD will manage the day to day activities of HONOR Recovery which involves creating and managing program content and initiatives. Regular interaction with Agency Administration is expected in order to provide program updates and report on the state of the program. PD will work with coworkers, supervisors and staff from other departments to solve problems and to improve processes and services. The PD must ensure both directly and indirectly, that the outreach strategies and referrals to HONOR Recovery are fulfilled and maintained and that expected participation rates are consistently met. The PD must have full working knowledge of ALL areas of supervision and will provide routine Clinical Supervision to the program staff. This position is responsible for being on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
1. Advanced or Master’s Level Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) or Licensed level healthcare professional (Registered Nurse, Licensed Clinician such as an LMSW/LCSW/LMHC/LMFT, etc.)
2. Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a human service discipline; Master’s degree preferred
3. Five years’ full-time work experience in SUD, with at least one year’s managerial experience.
4. Ability to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile people.
5. Strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, and coaching a strong team of staff.
6. Demonstrated ability to lead change and effectively manage conflict.
7. Detail-oriented and have excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills (friendly, courteous, helpful, ability to work as part of a team).
8. Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for HONOR’s mission.
9. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of clients, other Agencies and the general public.
10. Ability to function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work with residents, staff and support agencies.
11. Ability to use MS Word, Excel.
12. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, maintain automobile insurance coverage and have access to an automobile.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides treatment for mental, emotional and/or social problems to individuals and their families
2. Supervises multi-disciplinary team staff, which involves direct and indirect responsibility for interviewing, selecting, training, motivating and evaluating performance.
3. Determines appropriate staffing levels within the program in consultation with Administration and in accordance with OASAS regulations
4. Schedules and conducts regular clinical supervision, staff meetings and in-service trainings.
5. Orients and trains staff in proper work practices when they are hired; and conducts and evaluates retraining and refresher training.
6. Identifies and discusses with DRS and any other appropriate staff members, ways to improve work processes, efficiency and quality.
7. Reviews and signs off on all documentation as the QHP and provides follow-up when necessary.
8. Receives, investigates and responds to all patient grievances.
9. Monitors adherence to appropriate client admission and discharge criteria.
10. Develops and implements record-keeping policies and procedures.
11. Maintains appropriate records of services provided.
12. Reviews patient charts and works with nurses, counselors and other staff to correct deficiencies.
13. Reviews, signs off and monitors the implementation and revision of Recovery Care Plans (Treatment Plans).
14. Schedules, prepares for and leads regular Clinical Rounds and case conferencing.
15. Prepares for annual inspection by OASAS and makes corrective action in consultation with the Executive Director and Chief of Staff.
16. Establishes and maintains relationships with other agencies and organizations and attends any meetings with other community agencies as necessary.
17. Attends Department Head Meetings as scheduled.
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com