SOCIAL WORKER MENTAL HEALTH CLINIC
The Social Worker shall use psychotherapeutic skills in the provision of clinical and case management services to people with mental illness and other co-occurring disorders and shall establish and maintain contact with professionals and family advocates in the community for the purpose of maximizing services for clients.
• Provides individual, group, marital, family therapy and case management on site, at satellite sites, in the field or in the home to adults and or children;
• Provides the intake and screening of new applicants and participates in clinical review/case disposition meetings where treatment recommendations are formulated;
• Participates in interdisciplinary team conferences within agency when indicated;
• Provides crisis intervention and makes recommendations for treatment and referral;
• Provides consultation and advocacy for individuals in inpatient, residential and independent living situations, including on-site visits and discharge meetings;
• Maintains records in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with appropriate regulations;
• Collects and synthesizes data to assess an individual’s needs;
• Maintains information on community resources;
• Determines the need for other treatment modalities and refers applicants to ancillary services;
• Meets productivity standards;
• Assists with program and agency crises;
• Flexibility to adjust to the needs of the individual and other family members, including community visits when indicated;
• Facilitates hospitalization and collaborates with inpatient staff regarding treatment and discharge planning;
• Participates in Tier 1–CCSI meetings and other collaborative planning efforts with family advocates
• In order to maintain licensure attends workshops, conferences and staff development training seminars on current practices as directed by the Program Supervisor to acquire continuing education in the appropriate field and implements what has been learned;
• Maintains cooperative relationships with all referents and community resources;
• Undertakes related duties as assigned
Social Workers reports directly to the Department Supervisor for clinical supervision and collaborates with other staff.
Master’s degree in social work from an accredited university along with NYS licensure. At least one year of experience in a community based mental health/chemical dependency facility needed. Preference given to candidates who are bilingual Spanish and have experience with children and family in addition to adult populations. A thorough knowledge of diagnostic and therapeutic techniques used in mental health and the factors that contribute to personality development, and a thorough knowledge of the social factors affecting mental health are required. Must have basic computer literacy and excellent verbal and written skills. Valid driver’s license required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and operate and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds.
All interested applicants should submit their resume along with a cover letter and salary requirements to hr@CoveCareCenter.org; and include the position that they are applying for in the subject line.
Our Career page is: Career Opportunities | CoveCare Center