The Substance Use Counselor is responsible for providing treatment and services in accordance with NYS O.A.S.A.S. 822 Outpatient Treatment Program regulations.
Non-exempt $24-$26 range based on experience
35 hours weekly
• Provides individual, group, and family counseling and discharge planning as appropriately required;
• Provides intake and screening of new applicants and participates in review/ case disposition meetings where treatment recommendations are formulated;
• Prepares treatment plans and treatment plan reviews within designated time frames and in accordance with clients’ needs;
• Compiles, reports and maintains records in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with regulations;
• Participates in weekly staff meetings/case conferences;
• Participates in and completes trainings as required;
• Provides crisis coverage for program/agency;
• Provides information and referral to community members and other agencies requesting assistance/information;
• Maintains targeted units of service as projected in NYS OASAS work scope;
• Prepares and facilitates toxicology testing as per OASAS regulations
• Able to engage and work with a diverse population including adolescents.
In addition, the below responsibilities may be required of the position:
• Provides outreach to the community
• Provides community education regarding chemical dependency
• Participates in collaborative community efforts
• Attends workshops, conferences, online trainings and staff development training seminars on current practices as directed by supervisor to acquire continuing education in the appropriate field;
• Maintains cooperative relationships with all referents and community resources
• Undertakes related duties as assigned.
The Substance Use Counselor reports directly to the Program Director and collaborates with other staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Services field - CASAC PREFERRED or Master's Degree/QHP* (LMSW, LMHC, LCAT) - CASAC optional. At least three years’ experience in related field. Fluent Spanish preferred. Must be proficient with computers and excellent verbal and written skills. Experience in adolescent counseling a plus.
*QHP includes Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC), Credentialed Problem Gambling Counselor, Certified Teacher, Certified Health Educator, Certified School Counselor, Certified Rehabilitation Counselor, Licensed Master Social Worker, Licensed Clinical social Worker, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Licensed marriage and Family therapist, Registered Professional Nurse, Licensed Physician, Licensed Creative Arts Therapist and National Board Certified Counselor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb two step ladder, use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
CoveCare Center offers a comprehensive benefits package for all full-time employees! Our benefits include excellent paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life, short term, and long-term disability insurance along with a 401(k) plan with an employer match. All benefits start 1st of the month following 30 days of employment.
CoveCare Center takes an innovative and compassionate approach to counseling and wellness management. What sets us apart is our focus on the whole person and our individualized approach to healing and recovery. At 'the Cove,' we empower clients to manage their symptoms and make the changes necessary to live healthy lives. We do this in an environment that is safe and affordable.
Our Mission…is to partner with individuals, families, and the community to foster hope, wellness and recovery, and to restore quality of life by addressing mental health needs, substance use and social and emotional issues.
Hyperlink for CoveCare center.
Please submit resumes to: jobs@CoveCareCenter.org